Our Meeting Norms
At every meeting, after the minutes are read and amended from the last meeting, we have an open discussion segment in hopes that community members will come with their ideas, projects, questions and concerns. No advance notice is required, please just attend and bring up your items and interests.
These are our agreements aimed at keeping the meetings useful to everyone, brief and productive.
- Listen respectfully to others
- Speak concisely and briefly
- Be mindful of the agenda to stay on topic
- After speaking, allow others to give their views
- Interrupt only to request clarity
- Use respectful language at all times
- Respect people’s time – by arriving on time
If you have a project or idea you are welcome to just come to a meeting and present during our community section early in the meeting. You can also call the current president and ask to be on the agenda but, that is not required.
Pingback: Updated: Project Selection Criteria – How to Bring Your Project to UCP | United Community Partners, Inc.
Pingback: Being our Best Board | United Community Partners, Inc.