United Community Partners is dedicated to the success of Pine Valley and the Baker County Panhandle as home to unique, vibrant communities informed by our rural heritage, nurtured by our natural wonders, guided by shared principles and sustained by the creative energy of people leading healthy, productive, rewarding lives.
United Community Partners facilitates access to organizational assistance for citizen-led initiatives which stimulate economic activity, foster goodwill and fellowship, and enhance Pine Valley and Panhandle communities as rural places to live and work.
- We honor and seek the collective wisdom and experience of the people of Pine Valley and the Baker County Panhandle; the perspective of long time residents and the fresh eyes and ideas of newcomers.
- We support the stamina and entrepreneurial creativity provided by local businesses to sustain themselves in a frontier location.
- We recognize the deep timber and agricultural roots that have shaped our culture and history.
- We are dedicated to protecting the region’s scenic beauty and natural resources to benefit current and future generations.
- We thrive on the self-reliance, resilience and resourcefulness required by the remoteness of our location.
- We embrace the connection to opportunities for education, commerce and research afforded us by robust internet services.
- We champion the efforts of all our residents to excel.
- We honor the interconnectedness of people, services, organizations, projects and purpose that creates the weft and weave of our community.
- We will be mindful of these values as we complete work and provide services in support of our mission.
SERVICES IN SUPPORT OF THE MISSION
UCP will maintain a fiscally sound, legally established 501c3 nonprofit corporation, governed by an engaged, informed board of directors dedicated to the vision, mission and values of the organization so that we may provide the following services with confidence:
- Fiscal agency or sponsorship for viable, citizen-led initiatives.
- Access to trainings for UCP, other local organizations and businesses, citizen-led groups.
- Facilitation of partnerships and collaborations between local organizations and projects.
- Coordination of effort with regional community and economic development organizations.
- Use of the UCP website and social media to promote community projects and post and share information on economic and community development opportunities and activities.
- Assistance to citizen-led initiatives and projects in obtaining technical assistance for funding options (such as grant writing, crowd-funding, online donations), project development, social media and web use.