Crab Feed Volunteers Needed!
Hello busy people,
This is an appeal to you all to consider helping to serve the day of the 53 annual Lions Crab feed, Saturday March 9th. I ask this because the income from that feed is so important to the community. We usually make about $10,000 profit, almost enough to cover our annual costs.
As happens many of the old guard who used to serve have moved on, and even though we have a core group of 12 active Lions members and a few others this is not enough. We serve close to 1000 people in 11 hours. Many serve the whole 11 hours which can be wearing.
You can sign up for 1/2 shifts of about 4-5 hours, like 10 am to 3 pm and 3 pm to 8 pm. Please let me know if you are willing and I will give your name to the scheduler, Karen Endersby. Many hands make light work.
Some of you may not recognize how important the Lions are here. Let me tell you.
- Maintain a large modern hall with commercial kitchen and seating for about 250 in padded chairs no less, for nominal fees which hosts many large groups every year. This costs about $900/month.
- Maintain a park with covered tables and children’s play equipment
- Provide a well used monthly Food Bank, due to money to purchase some of the food, space, walk-in freezer and cooler, and Lions servers.
- Provide free event insurance for other activities, even off site, like the skating rink.
- Provide adequate space for the blood bank.
- Provide annual hearing and sight screening for school kids and all others Provide scholarships for high school seniors.