Hello busy people,
This is an appeal to you all to consider helping to serve the day of the 53 annual Lions Crab feed, Saturday March 9th. I ask this because the income from that feed is so important to the community. We usually make about $10,000 profit, almost enough to cover our annual costs.
As happens many of the old guard who used to serve have moved on, and even though we have a core group of 12 active Lions members and a few others this is not enough. We serve close to 1000 people in 11 hours. Many serve the whole 11 hours which can be wearing.
You can sign up for 1/2 shifts of about 4-5 hours, like 10 am to 3 pm and 3 pm to 8 pm. Please let me know if you are willing and I will give your name to the scheduler, Karen Endersby. Many hands make light work.
Some of you may not recognize how important the Lions are here. Let me tell you.
- Maintain a large modern hall with commercial kitchen and seating for about 250 in padded chairs no less, for nominal fees which hosts many large groups every year. This costs about $900/month.
- Maintain a park with covered tables and children’s play equipment
- Provide a well used monthly Food Bank, due to money to purchase some of the food, space, walk-in freezer and cooler, and Lions servers.
- Provide free event insurance for other activities, even off site, like the skating rink.
- Provide adequate space for the blood bank.
- Provide annual hearing and sight screening for school kids and all others Provide scholarships for high school seniors.