The Lion’s Club is one of the most important groups to support here. Volunteering for the feed is a great way to get to know your neighbors old-timers and newcomers alike. It’s a fun day. Our community relies heavily on the facilities at the The Lion’s Club. They provide:
- A big refinished hall that seats over 200 people in cushioned chairs and tables
- A commercial kitchen and walk in freezer and cooler which supports the monthly food bank which is well used and is run by Lion’s members
- Many big functions (weddings, funerals, reunions, workshops, bazaars etc…rely on this hall.
- The hall is the designated community disaster shelter and working hub for crews from the Red Cross Blood Drive to Fire Responders
- A big generator is available if needed and we are getting the place wired for it
- We also maintain the big park with covered area and modern children’s playground
- Lion’s provide eye exams, scholarships, a giant Easter egg hunt and now the ice rink (because the Lion’s uniquely can provide free event insurance-even off property which allows things like the Ice Rink.
People should call Karen Endersby to volunteer. Karen can be reached at 541-742-5763.
Everyone should also consider becoming a member of this vital community service organization.