Project Selection Criteria
Please note: This list is primarily the criteria the group uses for funding decisions. Those funding decisions are made by UCP in meetings. If you would like to participate in these funding discussions please join us at our meetings. We meet on the first Monday of the month at Presbyterian Fellowship Hall at 2:00 P.M.
A project will be eligible for consideration if:
- The project is compatible with the UCP Mission
- The group or organization proposing the project is able to demonstrate the ongoing commitment and involvement needed to complete the project
- The project would benefit a significant portion of the community population
- The project makes use of local businesses and resources where possible
- The project is allowed within the scope of UCP’s non-profit status (ex: no political activities)
Members often choose to volunteer to support projects in the area on their own. Individual members have their own criteria for choosing which projects they volunteer their own time. These criteria are specifically for grant funding considerations by the group.