UCP offers a variety of services for community driven efforts in support of our mission:
- Fiscal agency or sponsorship for community projects which are aligned with our mission.
- Access to training to meet your organizations needs covering topics such as but not limited to:
- how to facilitate effective meetings where everyone is heard
- how to find available resources online and off available to projects in Eastern Oregon
- how to build a network of supporters (near and far)
- tips for addressing organizational conflicts
- help with organizational transitions
- help with setting up a project budget
- Use of the UCP website and social media spaces to promote community projects
- assistance creating a Facebook page or Twitter account for your organization
- assistance spreading your message on social media
- space for a project page on the UCP website
- online donation acceptance
- online event registration and ticketing
- setting up links to your crowdfunding project
- setting up a secure email discussion list for your board
Organizational assistance with things like:
- online fundraising
- board development
- creating a 501c3 in Oregon
- state forms and filings
- membership drives
- locating funding resources
- project management
- grant writing
Small Grants for Community Projects
- usually between $250-500 dollars
- funds for hiring a grant writer
Past Small Grants
Bikes4Kindles $500.00 Awarded to Morgan Gover and Kay Young - project champions at Pine Eagle Charter School.
Halfway Community Gym $250.00 Awarded to project champion Denise Cairns. Halfway Library Garden Project $500.00 Awarded to Linda Collier project champion and the Friends of the Library. PineFest.org $2000.00 Seed Grant - In partnership with Cornucopia Arts Council. Project champions Mimi and Eric Kaufman MainStreet Stage $5,000.00 Seed Grant - Project Partners - Chamber of Commerce - Cornucopia Arts Mountain View Disc Golf Course $2000.00 Grant to Cammie de Castro Pine Eagle and Kevin Pfeifer The Village Fund $500.00 Awarded to the Village Fund Board Valley Firewise Project $500.00 Awarded to the Firewise Board Pine Valley Recycling $500.00 Awarded to the Recycling Board Chautauqua Music Festival Richland $500.00 Awarded to Chautauqua Board Pine Valley 2050 $500.00 Pine Valley 2050 Steering Committee
This list is not exhaustive, if you don’t see exactly what your project needs here, please get in touch. We may be able to point you in the right direction.
To access these services please attend UCP meetings and participate in the Open Discussion segment of our monthly meeting to bring your project, idea, needs or other plans to United Community Partners. You can also participate in discussions on our Facebook Page to get your idea out there…and maybe find people willing to jump in with their sleeves rolled up!
Availability of Certain Services
United Community Partners membership and board members are volunteers. While UCP will make every effort to assist community members and organizations with the listed services above, availability of certain direct services are dependent on the availability and willingness of members to provide those services.
We are in the process of building a list of resources as well as online resources for additional services, tools and assistance. If you have any qualifications which might be useful in providing the above services to the Pine Valley Community in support of the UCP mission – please contact the board secretary to see how you might be listed a valued resource for the community.